Sunday, January 07, 2007

I miss my people


I really do. I want to be out drinking wine with Emmy and Karin. i am now feeling two hours away is just too much.

Today we went down for our final holiday party with my Mom, Joelle, Eva and Paula (and of course husbands and children. guess I could just say the men folk). was wild with all the kids and the football game on but i really miss being with my family.

it would be hard to leave Portland. it's a great little city, I have wonderful friends here and a great community. and most importantly, max, aidan, ari and g are happy.

sigh...

6 comments:

Liz Woodbury said...

good to catch up with your family -- it's funny how we lead parallel lives from time to time. i am so homesick for my family, too! all the kids and the brothers and the noise and feasts and games, etc. and i also feel so glued to silly ole portland, maine due to my happy kids... sigh.

pixiegenne said...

miss lisa!
i just found your blog whilst bopping around and procrastinating. i was just about to e-mail you anyway - want to meet for coffee this week and chat about all things book fair and summer market?
xoxo
meg

Michael said...

funny that I saw the two of you recently at the cultural meca of Portalnd. Hannafords!

Meg, sounds good. Wednesday afternoon is my oldly open time. your way around 12:30?

liz,

I KNOW... when I feel like this I always think of you. sigh... maybe we need soup.

Liz Woodbury said...

soup sounds pretty good right about now -- just say the word when you find some free time!

Michael said...

week after next would work for me. Either Monday or Friday.

Liz Woodbury said...

i'll email!