Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What a shitty day

I just talked to Susie and am told that Grandma passed free of pain, fully aware of what was happening and at peace. That is good... it is selfish that I am consumed by sadness. I should be with family (bad thing about living so far away) celebrating her life. we are Irish after all. maybe some alcohol is needed.

local online mag the bollard gave the book a mixed review. on which side the review leans depends on the reader I guess. While I do expect some negative press I did not expect it to be so snarky. besides disagreeing on the basic feel of the book (i feel this book is for the people of Portland...sort of doubt many tourists would be interested) a few truths are hit upon. But... I am really curious to how many kids the reviewer thinks I have. Seriously.... I must have the reputation of the biggest floozy in Portland. In truth, I asked the photographers to submit photo's from their portfolio's. I did the same for myself and I have a lot of kids in mine. not all my kids. maybe i am the mother of all Portland's children .. maybe I'll get a parade. there were many good comments but I am sad today so will only focus on the negative. Grandma's funeral is this weekend. will not make it down. So happy we went down in the spring.




With G this April


Grandma and Henry 2007


with a few grand and great-grand kids

5 comments:

jen j-m said...

oh, lisa, i am so sorry for your loss. the picture you posted of her is just lovely.
screw those negative people - though i think you *should* have a parade.
xoxo
jen

Michael said...

thank you Jen. I really do know it is better for her this way. What a life... what a way to go. I hope I am that lucky.

maybe we SHOULD have a parade someday.. right down to the local bar. get a few moms together raise our glasses and toast to us.

xo

Liz Woodbury said...

lisa, i'm so sorry to learn about your loss -- she's absolutely beautiful in these photographs. i hope it's getting easier... and i LOVE your book!!!

Liz Woodbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

thanks.
funny.. the more I think about her the more I appreciate her. odd how that works.