Saturday, September 09, 2006

another reason to love Portland

Aidan, Ari and G are very unhappy with the school bus. I think the main issue is that they do miss having me there. (As much as I disliked the daily drive I did love the conversations we had and the ritual of listening to stories on cd/tape. Plus I just love to see them walk into school or running on to the playground) The ride to school was not bad for them but to get home it took an hour. Last night I e-mailed the person in charge of transportation and requested a list of earlier stops where I could meet the boys. Being from Boston I expected to A. be ignored until I pestered him for a few days and B. be yelled at. He wrote me back this morning (yes, it's Saturday and he is a city employee) and said that he was going to make changes on this route since it is too way too long and thank me and hte boys for our patience.

Guess I'm not in Boston in anymore.

2 comments:

Karinina said...

HAHAHAHA

I can't believe that!

that is incredible!!!!!!!

that man deserves a medal or at least a crayoned thank you!

Michael said...

good idea. I did e-mail him a thanks.