Saturday, December 09, 2006

If I were a dog I would have bit her...

The boys, Henry and I took a nice long walk around town this afternoon. Our last stop was the library, the only place Henry was unable to go inside. We were inside for 10 min, as I brought the books to be checked out the boys ran down to be with Henry. well... some %&$# busy body complained that Henry was left out for so long and the librarians were in a tizzy looking for the horrible people that left there dog (with HUGE fur coat) outside. I calmly explained that the poor abused creature was mine, we were here for 10 min. This did not change their attitude. I asked what do people normally do when they have their dog with them and she curtly replied that most people do not bring their dogs when they need to go to the library. i know I am rambling and most likely not making too much sense but I am so damn mad. I know if Henry could speak he would tell that snarky woman that a 10 min wait outside was worth all the fun he had. much better than staying home alone. GRRRR....

on the counter there is a sign staying that we and Books ect are donating 20% to the library. i'd like to give them 20% of Henry's poop instead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too am a dog abuser. i once took lupa for a long walk at fresh pond in cambridge where she ran after her ball and swam in the dog pond. we then took a break from swimming (we would return on our way back),walked some more and stopped in to get a coffee where i tied her outside. took all of 2 minutes (i watched her from the wall of windows). even though she was still wet from swimming i had some fanatic guy giving me crap about how hot it was outside. i felt like saying "you have no idea, this dog is treated better than most people!!"

anyway, welcome to the abuser club! members include my mom, lee and our neighbor susan. people should really mind their own business!!!!

Karinina said...

people are soooooooooooooooo stuuuuuuuuuuuuupid

personally, I prefer abusing little children

Michael said...

i consider myself in good company.

chris suggested that next time i tie up the kids outside too.

Anonymous said...

uptight librarians. was that at the main branch?

Michael said...

yup. can't say I had an issue with them before. havent had the urge to reach across the counter and hug them... but I'm okay with that.