Saturday, December 22, 2007

2007

I know it's not over but I have been thinking about the last year. We've has some big changes, some surprises (which I still cannot write about) and some sadness (Cancer sucks).

For the most part I think it was a pretty good year. Max started high school (loves the school though strongly dislikes his peers.. ), Aidan loves middle school, Ari and G are happy as can be. I took a bit of a different route career wise and did more gallery/museum work than commercial (is that what you'd call it?) while Chris stayed on his same path.

Not sure where I am getting at with this... just rambling I suppose. Thinking back....dreaming of the future? maybe. what would i want? I really would love to go back to Italy. Emmy and Eddie will be there for some time (so exciting!!!). Venice seems to have made a big impression on me. i really hated it at first, now I find it is always on my mind. The other day we watch the YA movie, The Thief Lord which takes place in Venice and that didn't help. How can a place I've only visited once now seem so familiar. oh cripes.. I am pining away for a city. Deb is having similar reaction to Namibia... I think she will get back there before I return to Italy.

I would be greatly relieved if this high school drama was cleared up. There are few options but which is right for him? He has friends at both places who are putting a lot of pressure on him to join them. Actually, I went to a school event the other night and was told by one of his freinds that he was changing schools this january and going to join him at his school. that was sort of funny, sort of not. Is it even the right choice to remove him from where he is? All these questions!!

I'd like to learn Italian tehn get a job that takes me there often. with my family of course. notice that I didn't mention what kind of job. I really dont' care. maybe that's what I want for Christmas, a good italian program.

Karin, Dad and Judy are coming on Monday!

I really do not like to post photo's of me but here are a few.


5 comments:

emanuela de musis said...

lisa in italy. looks pretty damn good!

pixiegenne said...

happy holidays, lisa!
big hugs and kisses to you and your family. and here's to a new year.
xoxooxox

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting the photos. you have grown to be a beautiful, thoughtful and loving woman. best of everything in 2008.
love & light.

Liz Woodbury said...

aw, such pretty pictures of you, lisa! you look so happy, no wonder you miss italy. it's impossible for me not to stop and reflect on the year passing right about now. i just try not to wipe it away with a big "it sucked!" and truly think about it, what was good and bad, what to learn about life and myself. i'll be interested to hear what max decides to do. i hope 2008 brings joy and peace and new adventures to you and your family!!

xo

Michael said...

thanks!!