Friday, November 02, 2007

I know I have been really quiet about the trip. It had such a huge impact on me that I am having a hard time processing it. well... I am processing it, just not into blog words. Bottom line, it was great. We had a blast.

One major event was we met a relative


and learned a bit more about our Italian ancestors. I have mentioned to many of you that my great grandmother was a countessa and she married a commoner and that's why they came to the US. Well, we have just scratched the surface on the research but turns out that the family was a bigger deal that we anticipated. matter of fact our ancesters our buried here

right next to Dante's tomb.



It was really shocking. The woman who was giving us the tour was so excited...she had a friend of hers who is a local historian do some research and was calling with updates as we were walking around. lot's of stuff...

No comments: