Monday, June 18, 2007

I get really angry when people make assumptions about my house of boys. well... yesterday I did live in a house that those people imagine. After cleaning the kitchen I made A, A and G a simple lunch of pb&j, apple sauce and water then went in to straighten up the living room. I heard yelling and returned to a food fight. yes... a FOOD FIGHT. I was so mad that I just yelled out something like "I can't believe you'd do this" and ran upstairs and shut myself in my room (very mature, I know but I was really mad). by the time I came down the kitchen was cleaned up (meaning the applesauce was no longer in blobs on the floor but smeared all across the floor but I appreciated the effort). ah.... summer.

Mica still hates Tommy. She doesn't even want to come in the house. I was hoping that since was angry with us she would stop leaving us dead animals. no such luck. poor Chris began his day picking up one of her victims.

the first full week of summer vacation is in front of us! now that we/they have demonstrated our worse behavior I am visualizing 2.5 months of gloriously joyful times.

5 comments:

Liz Woodbury said...

that's funny, cause i imagined that every day was like that in your house.

no, actually, this makes me think of the tv commercial where the kid shakes up a 2 liter bottle of orange soda or something and sprays it at his mom in the kitchen. have you seen that? is that what life is like with 4 boys?

i'm totally kidding. i've been in your house and it's fairly civilized in there.

summer! give us a call if you want to make a lemonade stand!

plus, i have two books to return to you. got any more good ones for me??

Karinina said...

Ah-hahahahahaha!!!!!


That's hilarious!

heh heh...it also explains something I heard you said to one of the boys while we were on the phone. I was a little scared to ask.

Oh man. Way to work the Catholic guilt.

Pass it right down the line. :)

I think you just should have made them eat the apple sauce....or maybe you could have gotten down there and eaten it yourself. I'm cracking myself up. There are so many ways you could have sent them to therapy with this.

Glorious.

Michael said...

oh yes the mess I could have made... I am happy that I removed myself.

life in this house may be loud sometimes and there is often a ball bouncing (and me reminding that someone that there is no ball playing in the house and then the off color jokes that always follow) but 99% of the noise is joyful.

book? I really, really loved "The Girls" by Lori L... oh...I forget her last name Larsen maybe. I dont' own a copy but it is one of my favorites. Did you like Tresspass? I really love Valerie Martin. I enjoyed Italian fever too but I lend that book to my mom. let me look through my shelves and i'll see if I have anything on hand.

Michael said...

oh... right now I am reading a YA novel called Twighlight by Stephenie Meyer. it's really fun.

Michael said...

liz...it's a book on cd, you can borrow it when i'm done