Wednesday, February 21, 2007

more confusion

We had a wonderful time in Boston. Karin's event was crowded but great. The museum is beautiful and she looked lovely!
The evening before, Joelle, Karin and I saw a great movie . I know what you are thinking... me seeing a movie while it's still in the theatres. shocking. I really loved the movie but the last scene really bothered me. Karin too. guess it wasn't actually the last scene but how they lingered on the last shot.
The kids had a blast with their cousins. was able to spend some time with Deb. Saw Janice and Emmy for a moment. (hopefully I will see Emmy before she leaves for Italy ). Watched dumb tv with mom and Eva.
I miss them so much. On the drive home to Portland I felt so sad. Aidan asked again, why can't we live closer to family. I play these scenarios over and over in my head.... us trying to pay Boston prices, finding a community with good schools, the over crowded everything, more stores for me to wish I could shop in but can't afford. These are all good reasons for not living there...it just seems to get harder and harder. I love Portland. it is my home. I just miss my other home.

No comments: