Wednesday, October 25, 2006

my no good, very bad, horrible, rotten day

The book I did the cover for came in. Was SO very excited. (It's a great book, I do suggest you pick it up) Went to go find my name...not there. I did not get cover photo credit. when I contacted the publisher they apologized & have already fixed the error on the second and paper back editions.

this is just so bad. i am completely invisible. my work is currently in the Smithonian... who would know? no one.... cover of a book.. who would know... no one. What if another publisher likes the cover and cannot not contact me? what if they think it is public domain and uses it?? uggg

my high point was when Julia S.F. came in and told me that she has recieved many compliments on her author photo (and yes, i did get proper credit for that). Lisa also said the press kit came in for Mayflower and that looks good. Chris and I watch a stupid stupid movie (40 year old virgin) and that got my mind off this for a few hours.

okay...got it out.. maybe today will be brighter.

2 comments:

Liz Woodbury said...

i'm sorry, lisa -- that just sucks.

Michael said...

thanks. there is a lesson in this somewhere. just haven't found it yet. one good thing is the press kit is amazing. lot's of great feedback from the A&E network. and proper credit.
oh boy..This is making me self centered...i think I should changed careers!