Monday, March 17, 2008

a thought

my mom and I were talking today about happiness and misery. How happiness is often not recognized except in retrospect and misery/unhappiness is apparent instantaneously. 

I do know that certain aspects of happiness I catch immediately. for example... tonight at the Y I was in the weight room and I saw Max on the treadmill and had a rush to joy seeing my baby moving so fluidly along ( yes... I realize that the "treadmill" holds a whole other meaning all together... "go baby go... just do not stray very far").  or the other day at fast little Aidan's track meet... G, Aaron and I were playing the line game and I saw how far Aaron's drawings have progressed and the ease in which he does so.  those were immediate moments of joy. The big picture of an idyllic time is often lost in the day to day. Unhappiness, boredom, apathy I am all over that.  

anyway.. that is my thought of the day. 


No comments: